Residential Lettings & Management with DAWSONS
At Dawsons we have been managing a select portfolio of residential properties for our clients since 1974. The key to successful letting is all about finding the right tenant and we use our professional expertise to ensure we find reliable and trustworthy tenants who we know will look after your property.
Dawsons has no rigid scale of fees and are always happy to prepare a tailored fee package to suit individual requirements. We will follow this up with written confirmation of the fee and any other applicable charges, together with our full terms of business in accordance with regulations.
A brief outline of the services we provide are below but we undertake to assist with any issue that could arise and are always on hand to share our expert knowledge on the ever-changing regulatory requirements with our clients.
We pride ourselves on the fact that we look after our clients’ property as if they were our own…….
Lettings – our services include:
- Initial inspection of the property by an experienced professional agent.
- Advice to owners on rental terms and current regulations and procedures including Landlord Registration, Portable Appliance Testing, Electrical Condition Reports, Energy Performance Certificates, Legionella Testing, Gas Safety Checks, etc.
- Availability entry on Dawsons websites with new listing alerts e-mailed to registered applicants.
- Vetting of prospective tenants, including face-to-face meetings, obtaining references and identity checks and more importantly, using our years of experience and judgement to ensure we select the right tenant.
- Obtaining appropriate identification from prospective tenants.
- Preparation and service of Private Residential Tenancy Agreement.
- Preparation of inventory of contents and condition record with supporting photography.
- Collection of initial rental payment and security deposit.
Management – our services, in addition to the above, include:
- Transfer of security deposit to Letting Protection Scotland, our chosen deposit protection scheme.
- Transfer of utilities/council tax to tenants.
- Collection of monthly rental payments.
- Supervision of tenancies and periodic inspections of the property.
- Arranging and co-ordinating routine maintenance and emergency repairs. We have built up a relationship with a trusted group of local tradesmen we are able to call upon to deal with all aspects of maintenance/repairs.
- Monthly statements detailing authorised expenditure and transfer of rental income to clients.
- Reviewing rental increases.
- End of tenancy property inspections and inventory checks.
- Deposit reconciliation.
As a result of our careful selection of tenants and the individual attention we give them during their tenancy we do find that most are happy to stay on in the same property for many years………..
Scottish Letting Agent Register Number LARN1805011